Hormone Replacement Therapy in Frisco TX
Estrogen is an important hormone for sexual development and the reproductive system. It is essential for other body systems, as well. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 8380 Warren Pkwy #100 Frisco TX 75034. We serve clients from Frisco TX, Allen TX, Prosper TX, Addison TX, Plano TX, and Colony TX.
Table of Contents:
What is hormone replacement therapy?
Who can benefit from hormone therapy?
What are the types of hormone therapy?
What are the signs of low or high hormone levels?
Estrogen levels will rise and fall during your lifetime. Rest assured that the changing highs and lows that are associated with estrogen are normal. Estrogen levels that are constantly low, cause problems. Low estrogen indicates that your body is going through a change, like menopause. Sometimes, low levels of estrogen indicate that your sexual development has slowed, making it harder to become pregnant.
Hormone replacement therapy is a method of using medication containing female hormones to replace estrogen that is no longer being made by the body during menopause. Hormone replacement therapy is normally used to treat common symptoms of menopause such as vaginal discomfort and hot flashes.
Hormone replacement therapy has been proven to prevent bone loss and decrease fractures in postmenopausal women.
There are many people who can benefit from hormone replacement therapy and the benefits definitely outweigh the risks. Here is who can benefit from hormone replacement therapy:
• If you have moderate to severe hot flashes, this is the most effective means of reducing night sweats and menopausal hot flashes.
• If you have other symptoms of menopause, such as vaginal dryness, itching, burning, discomfort during intercourse
• If you want to prevent bone loss and fractures. Systemic estrogen helps to fight osteoporosis. Bisphosphonates are normally prescribed to fight osteoporosis, but if you cannot tolerate these, estrogen therapies can help.
• If you are experiencing early menopause or have an estrogen deficiency. If your ovaries have been removed surgically before you turned 45 or you have stopped having periods before 45 or lost the function of your ovaries before you turned 40, your body is producing less estrogen than it needs. Estrogen therapy can decrease the risk of osteoporosis, stroke, heart disease, mood changes, and dementia.
Hormone replacement therapy focuses on the replacement of estrogen when the body stops producing it after menopause. There are two primary types of estrogen therapy:
• Systemic hormone therapy is estrogen that comes in the form of a pill, ring, skin patch, cream or spray, or gel. These contain higher doses of estrogen that are absorbed through the body. Systemic hormone therapy works for any of the common menopausal symptoms.
• Low-dose vaginal products come in cream, ring, or tablet form. These minimize the amount of estrogen that enters the body. Low-dose vaginal products are normally used to treat urinary and vaginal symptoms of menopause.
If you still have your uterus, your doctor is generally going to prescribe estrogen along with progestin or progesterone. This is done to prevent the growth of the lining of the uterus which increases the risk of endometrial cancer. If your uterus has been removed there may be no need to take progestin.
Signs of low estrogen levels are the following:
• Hot flashes and/or night sweats
• Infrequent or disrupted periods
• Sleeping problems
• Decreased desire for sex
• Dry skin
• Mood swings
• Menstrual migraines
Signs of high estrogen levels are the following:
• Weight gain
• Worsening of premenstrual syndrome
• Changes in your period
• Uterus fibroids
• Non-cancerous breast lumps
• Anxiety or depression
There is no need to struggle with low estrogen levels. People will shrug off the symptoms associated with inappropriate estrogen levels as being an unpleasant part of life. Addressing the symptoms will improve your quality of life and prevent health concerns. If you have questions about your hormone levels, contact OmniLife Wellness and we can help determine where your estrogen levels are at and provide a means to get them to better levels.
Call our team of healthcare professionals to find out how we can help. You can book an appointment online, or just give us a call. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 8380 Warren Pkwy #100 Frisco TX 75034. We serve clients from Frisco TX, Allen TX, Prosper TX, Addison TX, Plano TX, and Colony TX.